Since we started the podcast over 6 years ago, we did it out of a passion for technology and for sharing our thoughts and opinions. A lot has changed over the years, and now the time has come for The Simulcast to come to an end.
I still greatly enjoy technology, but it has gotten to be more of a burden for me than a creative outlet. Preparing show notes, producing the show, and all the behind-the-scenes things that go into making a podcast have gotten to be a lot of work, and I’ve decided that I’d like to pursue some of my other hobbies at this point in my life. Patrick will soon be a co-host on a new show, and I’m sure I’ll be a guest on some other podcasts in the future.
I’d like to personally thank everyone who made The Simulcast possible over the years:
- My other original hosts Steve Trotto, Geoff Farinha, and Michael Manna
- Dave Valle
- Patrick Virgadamo
- Mike Florio (The Gadget Gurus)
- Brian Feldhaus (sometimes guest host)
- Todd Wright (also sometimes guest host)
- Joe Lombardo (also sometimes guest host)
- Ching Yao-Yu (also sometimes guest host)
- My daughters Brianna and Miranda (Simulcast Jr)
- Dave Ciccone (Mobility Today was where I got my start)
- Brian Harris – possibly our only sponsor ever!
- a lot of other people I’m probably leaving out (sorry if I did!)
Without all those great people, the show never would have happened in the first place or gone on as long as it did. I’m not going anywhere; I’ll still be participating on social media, and I’m still going to have opinions on the latest and greatest phones, tablets, computers, and home theater technology.
I don’t know what my future podcasting endeavors might be, but I look forward to continuing to meet great people and enjoying talking tech for a long time to come.